Wednesday, April 8, 2009

1st Post

This blog, "A touch of grey" is dedicated in loving memory to David Gordon White, my Uncle, who died of an enlarged aortic valve unexpectedly at the age of 43.

We've kept in contact since the last 'family reunion' and have gone back and forth on everything from Jimi Hendrix to Israel to the dumbest videos I found on Youtube. My heart still hurts every day he is gone. His death is forcing me to take a closer look at a health issue of my own: addiction to cigarettes.  Even after his death his life force keeps on giving.

Another aspect of "A touch of grey" blog will deal with the subtleties of life and in world affairs, that for the most part, things are not just in black and white. This blog will hopefully be illuminating and thought-provoking to the reader. More Soon. 

1 comment:

  1. The life force you described keeps hitting me as well. Just last night, at dinner with Doug, I was remembering my final conversation with David... he seemed so strong and positive and hopeful. We talked about his family, spirituality, the mountains he loved, sports... and now he's gone. It's hard to wrap my mind around, so thanks for creating this opportunity to muse. Plus-- I know I'm going to learn a lot about Israeli politics!
    Edie

    ReplyDelete